Tile flooring is one of the most popular options in floor coverings today. With an array of beautiful options for ceramic tile, there is something for just about every taste. Along with beauty, there are a number of reasons why tile is both practical and popular. It's usually easy to install and maintain, comes in a range of designs, and can be used in nearly any room.
One of the main benefits associated with a tile floor is its ease of maintenance. With ceramic flooring, the tiles require no special cleaning solutions, tend to be stain resistant, and make it much easier to keep clean. Spills can be wiped up easily. Routine cleaning can be accomplished with mild cleansing solution and a sponge mop.
Tile is widely adaptable and can be used in an array of settings, from kitchens and baths to dining rooms and living rooms. Whether it’s a stone finish you're after or a traditional glazed finish, there’s a style to suit every taste. Here's a quick list of the benefits of using tile:
- Ease of Maintenance
- While no floor remains entirely maintenance free, ceramic tile comes about as close at it can to being service free. Short of the application of the occasional sealant, applied once every four years or so, tile requires only the regular cleaning that any flooring surface would require.
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Tile can be used on nearly any surface, indoors or out. Wether it be a kitchen, living room, or outdoor patio, tile is very adaptable to add value to any home.
- Cost Effectiveness
- Dollar for dollar, tile still remains one of the most cost effective flooring surfaces on the market. When considering initial costs versus longevity, it becomes quite clear that ceramic tile overall offers the best "dollar per mile" of any flooring surface.
- Tile is great for high traffic situations thanks to its strength and resiliency to staining and wear.
- Ease of Repair
- Even though ceramic is strong, there is still the opportunity for breakage, as with any earthenware. When a breakage does occur, repairing tile is far simpler than fixing hardwood or plank flooring. Simply remove the broken pieces, clean the area, reinstall replacement tiles and regrout the repaired area.
- Easy Installation
- Generally speaking, the installation process for ceramic tile floors is a project easily completed by the average do-it-yourselfer. The basic procedure involves prepping the area, gauging the space, installing the tile, and grouting finished the project. If done correctly, a DIY'er should be able to effectively gauge and lay approximately 150 square feet of space in a day.
- Capital Improvement
- In many cases, adding a tile floor to your home will increase its potential resale value tremendously. Potential buyers will certainly take notice of a well installed and designed tile floor. With its attractive style and impressive presentation, a good tile floor can add thousands of dollars in potential value to prospective customers.
Have any questions or would like a quote? Contact Meadow Creek Tile